Thursday, June 17, 2010

Things are Changing

Since 2004 my life has changed significantly. At that time I had one child just starting college, one in highschool, and one in middleschool. Now the two oldest have gotten married, I have a grandchild, and one child that will graduate next May. The biggest challenge I have had is figuring out how I want to fit into all this. What kind of Mother-in-law will I be? What kind of Grandmother? Who will I be as an empty-nester?
I have decided to jump into the free life with Mister Martin and just let it unfold before us. We started something in July 1982 that I would like to build on. We enjoy visiting with our children and grandchild and spending time with them, but we always look forward to our time together. Over the years we have become better friends, lovers and partners. I still have many plans and adventures left in me, and I hope to see some of the happen in the Autumn of my life. Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment